This is a pop pop boat motor number 2
The super giant boat motor Just a piece of copper tube
and on this end I have split it with a hacksaw and the plan is to put some silicone in here
then to put a couple screws into those “ears” It’s hard to see. That will hold it in place
and the silicone will act as a sealant.
Then we snap the top back on and go from there. This is the inside. The silicone has not quite set yet And the outside When the silicone is dry I will snap the lid
on. Then I need to figure out a boat for it.
And this is with the lid on it. And for a size comparison She’s trying to go. We took an old paint thinner can
Cut it in half and folded the edges so it would not be sharp
It’s really trying to go. Pretty impressive
She likes to take a break every now and again. It’s sucking air too.
We need to weight the back end down so that it does not suck in air.
It really uses up fuel, it requires a lot of heat We took the weight out of the back so the nozzle is right at water level and it seems
to work a lot better. I think 1 of the problems is the boiler is
too big and the pipe is too big and it sucks too much water into the boiler and it takes
too much time to “re-cook” it. By getting the tube above water level, it’s
not sucking in so much water and it’s not cooling down the boiler.
It really spits. That’s the sound you want.